HAWAI’I PACIFIC (West Region)
The American Cancer Society Hawai’i Pacific works to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer in communities across the state of Hawai’i and in Guam.
The Hawaii Pacific offices are a part of the West Region which serves the needs in communities across Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California.
Nationwide we are a community-based voluntary health organization whose mission is to eliminate cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Simply stated, American Cancer Society Hawai’i Pacific saves lives from cancer in four ways:
1) Helping people stay well by educating them on steps they can take to prevent cancer and find it early;
2) Helping people get well by providing accurate and timely informational, emotional and practical support services;
3) Funding cancer research to further understand its causes, determine how best to prevent it, and discover new ways to cure it; and
4) Fighting back by encouraging federal and state lawmakers to fight cancer by continuing government funding of cancer research, creating smoke free communities and improving access to affordable, quality health care.
History & Offices:
The American Cancer Society Hawai’i Pacific, Inc. was incorporated in Hawai’i in September 1959. The Hawai’i Pacific Headquarters is located in Honolulu, Hawai’i. Four field offices are located in the state of Hawai’i–one each on Hawai’i Island (located in Hilo, serving the entire island), O’ahu, Kaua’i and Maui (serving Maui, Moloka’i and Lana’i), and one office located in Guam. Most offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Fridays, closed on Saturday and Sundays. Please see the Office Locations page for specific office hours.
ABOUT THE SOCIETY
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the ACS has regional and local offices throughout the country that support 11 geographical Divisions and ensure we have a presence in every community.
For over 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer. Together with millions of our supporters worldwide, we help people stay well and get well, find cures, and fight back against cancer.
- American Cancer Society Web site – cancer.org
- Cancer Action Network – acscan.org
- Cancer Survivors Network – csn.cancer.org
- Great American Smokeout – greatamericansmokeout.org
- Helping you stay well by taking steps to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it is most treatable. We offer tips, tools, and online resources to help you live a healthy lifestyle to reduce your cancer risk, and we help you understand what cancer screenings are right for you.
- Helping you get well by being in your corner around the clock and guiding you through every step of the cancer experience. We provide information to help you and your loved ones make decisions about care, help you find moral support from others who have faced cancer, and offer free services like transportation to and from cancer treatment or a free place to stay while receiving treatment far from home.
- Finding cures by funding and conducting groundbreaking research into cancer’s causes, cures, and treatments. As the largest non-governmental funder of cancer research in the United States, having spent more than $3.4 billion on cancer research since 1946, we’ve played a role in nearly every major cancer breakthrough in recent history.
- Fighting back by working with lawmakers everywhere to pass laws to defeat cancer and by rallying communities around the globe to join our fight.
For the first time in history, cancer incidence rates are on a decline. With your help, we will continue to make progress toward a cure by fighting cancer on all fronts!
American Cancer Society , Inc.