Give Aloha, Foodland’s Annual Community Matching Gifts Program in here again for the month of September only. This program honors Foodland’s founder, Maurice J. “Sully” Sullivan, and continues his legacy of giving back.
How It Works
From September 1-30, you can make donations up to $249 (per organization, per person) to participating Hawaii non-profit organizations at your checkout. Use your Maika’i card to make a donation*. Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match a portion of each donation. You can use this donation to see your own gift grow (usually the match is around 25%). Use the attached post card to notify us of your donation and we will credit your Relay team!
How to Donate
- At checkout, present your Maika’i card (or give your 10-digit number) and inform the cashier that you would like to make a donation to AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY.**
- Tell the cashier our organization’s 5-digit code: 77154
- Tell the cashier how much you would like to donate. ***
- Be sure the cashier reaffirms our organization’s name and amount that you are donating.
- The name of our organization and the amount you donate will appear on your receipt.
- Your name will not be released to us. Please use the donation post card to let us know of your donation so we can credit it to your Relay event.
- Give Aloha Program Relay For Life Donation Post Card
Are These Donations Tax Deductible?
Give Aloha donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Please save your store receipt for tax purposes. It will be the only record you will have of your donation. You may ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt. American Cancer Society will not provide reciept of Give Aloha donations.
*Donations made without a Maika’i card will not be matched.
**If you do not have a Maika’i account, you may establish one by telling the cashier you would like to do so; you will need to give a unique 10-digit number (such as your phone number).
***Your donation will be added to your grocery purchase total. You may donate up to $249 per organization (any amount in excess of $249 per organization will not be matched).
If you have more questions, please read the FAQ below or contact us at 808-595-7500